HOW WILL BEVERLY HILLS CONCIERGE HEALTH CENTER PROTECT ME FROM GETTING COVID-19
Our Facility is taking steps to keep patients separate from those who may be at risk. At every appointment, your care team will ask questions about overall health and recent travel. Patients and anyone entering the center will have their temperature checked upon arrival, and will be asked to wear a mask. Visitors are limited if they are not actual patients, including family members, and translation services are also being conducted by phone or video instead of in person. Staff members are wearing increased protective equipment. We may ask some patients to wait in a separate room or to reschedule until they are feeling better if they have any symptoms. Everyone must respect social distancing protocols wherever possible including in the waiting room, infusion area, and clinic.
We are also taking extra steps to clean and disinfect surfaces throughout our Facility between each patient, and deeper cleaning each evening.
We also provide rapid, FDA approved Covid-19 testing in Beverly Hills and antibody testing, and this is done as an outdoor drive-thru service to ensure maximum safety precautions.
WILL YOU STILL CARE FOR ME IF I GET SICK?
Yes. Your care is our top priority. Although we may change some ways we care for you, we will never put your care or health at risk.
IS THERE CARE AVAILABLE FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS?
For international patients, we are here for you each step of the way. We have resources for private travel arrangements, including a private jet, private car transfers from the airport, and relationships with local housing and hotel options with the top safety and cleanliness precautions.
What is COVID-19? COVID-19 is a new type of virus that can cause mild to severe infections in the lungs. Like other viruses, it can lead to serious infections for people with weakened immune systems. COVID-19 may cause more severe infections than other viruses. We do not have a vaccine to help control its spread, but experts are working to make a vaccine.
HOW DOES COVID-19 SPREAD?
The virus can spread easily, just like the common cold or flu. It spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes droplets that can get into the eyes, nose, or mouth of people nearby. Droplets also land on surfaces that people touch before touching their own eyes, nose, or mouth.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF?
These are some of the best ways to protect yourself and others from the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer with 60% or more alcohol until you can wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth without washing your hands first.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often. Regular household wipes and sprays will kill the virus. Be sure to clean places that people touch a lot, such as door handles, phones, keyboards, and light switches.
- Avoid handshakes, hugging, and standing or sitting close to people who are coughing or sneezing.
- Be as healthy as you can. Get plenty of sleep, eat healthy, exercise, and manage your stress. If you are sick, follow these steps:
- Stay home.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. If you use a tissue, put it in the garbage right away. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow crease.
- Call before going to your medical appointments. Let them know about recent travel or if you have had contact with a person with COVID-19.
SHOULD I WEAR A MASK?
It is recommended to wear a mask in public at all times. Please wear a mask at all times while at Beverly Hills Cancer Center as well. This can help prevent the spread of the virus, and protect both you and those around you.